Sunday, June 18, 2006

Foodbol Matt Naeshun

World Cup Two-DoubleOh-Six is here, four years have flown by since that disastrous final between my two long supported teams of Germany and Brazil (I wisely supported both from the start only to mistakenly pick Germany in the finals). Once again my money's behind Germany and Brazil, except that this time round, in the spirit of patriotism, I have added Switzerland to this list (laugh all you like - at least they held France). I'm just done watching Brazil scrape through their latest match against the Socceroos, and I've to say they don't seem anywhere near top form. There was something ticklish about the game though.. " Adriano.. Roberto Carlos..Ronaldo.. Ronaldinho.. Robinho.. and Fred!" Say what you want, but I call that an anti-climax. Fred. Not all that Latino is it? (No Nestt, not Latina =] ) However, anti-climatic name or not, Fred sure lived up to his place in the squad with a light touch of the ball with his toesies. Almost a comedic goal that one.. sort of like a punchline after a wearisome, dragged out story.

On a side note, I WOULD like to see Kahn fielded again, just to see what the ravages of injury and time have done to him. Still good enough to make the squad though, damn Lehmann.
Just to keep this blog breathing;

Deutschland ueber alles! (ausser Brazil)

No comments: