Saturday, January 27, 2007

Pop! Car Bang Me.



If you are driving along a straight road, the traffic light at the junction ahead of you showing green, what do you do?
I went straight through.

If, as you are entering the junction, you notice a car barelling down from the opposite lane and suddenly turning into your direction at high speed, what do you do?
I anticipated a collision.

Now I ask you:
If you have the right of way on a straight road, and this car turns in at a high speed, without signalling, and smashes into the side of your car, sending you skidding/swerving/spinning (I can't remember which) about 10m diagonally down the road. Who is at fault?

According to logic, the driver who smashed into your car.

According to the Malaysian justice system, NOBODY.

Pictures to follow.
___________________________________________________________________

update:

Look at the following pictures and tell me if it seems like the car that hit me was moving at a "slow, cautious speed" as claimed by the driver.

And if you have doubts about my claim that the accident was entirely due to the other car ramming into mine, take a gander at the front of my car after the accident - notice that there is no damage?

On the night itself

On tow


Not a pretty sight, nor an experience I would like to repeat.

At least I'm alive.

4 comments:

May said...

its time to change the Malaysian justice system. And you should do it. haha ! go jon ! DO IT ! =)

galnexdor said...

i didnt know this site was still alive n kicking...ive re-bookmarked it, jon...dont disappoint a fan...=)

Evie said...

ren.. i agree with that.

wah.. the 1/2 angmoh actually met with an accident man! never mind... this kind of things happen. and i almost got rammed into a bus! that bloody idiot bus... thankfulyl, i got a skilled driver at that time to actually avoid major damage.

Noel said...

lol! i actually remembered it as pop! car bang tree... lol!